Thursday, March 11, 2010

Insect Fear Film Festival

By Kiana Hickman
The 2010 Insect Fear Film Festival was held on February 27. More than half the audience was with someone younger than the age of fourteen. Most parents were there because it was an event that got the kids involved. Indeed they were involved. Many of the children entered the drawing contest they have every year. It was difficult getting in the doors. People were all over the place.

As I walked through the crowded hall of Foellinger Auditorium I was surprised to see hundreds of people. Some stood at the table touching the different insects. Others stared and commented on the pictures the kids had drawn. Many were seated waiting for the film to start.

I pushed my way through the crowd and smiled at the excited red-haired little boy who bounced up and down as he sat on his fathers shoulders. I managed to get out of the crowd and walk over to the two, who introduce themselves before I could even speak. Charles Kostro and his son, Joshua, are from the area and come to this event every year. Joshua loves beetles and isn't afraid of bugs. Charles said, "We enjoy the show."

No comments:

Post a Comment