Tuesday, November 1, 2011

News Broadcast Station Experience

When walking into the news broadcast station, I felt as if I had been there before. Although that was my first time there, it was very easy for me to connect this experience with my trip to North Carolina two years ago. During my junior year of high school, my family and I won an auction at the CURED fundraiser for my good friend, Jori. We received the opportunity of flying out to Wilmington, North Carolina to be extras in the popular television show, One Tree Hill. We had the chance to meet the whole cast and watch how an episode was put together and eventually shown on television to be seen around the world. During our class field trip, the atmosphere felt extremely familiar, and all of the noises and voices brought me a sense of nostalgia.

After our class watched the woman film her section of the news report, we observed the process from behind the scenes. The task of incorporating different cameras and lighting seems extremely arduous, but at the same time, very exciting. Although this was a news report and not a television show, the behind the scenes work is very similar to each other. It is very important to incorporate everyone on camera and make sure everyone is seen. Having the opportunity to watch both of these processes from a different perspective was beyond entertaining. I felt as if I was a part of the crew. After my trip to North Carolina, and after this field trip, I have an extreme interest in media and working behind the scenes. I am so glad our class was able to experience this, because there is nothing like it.

1 comment:

  1. Your experience being in the studio and watching how a whole show is put together sounds really interesting. The personal experience that you linked with the field trip to the WCIA station helped demonstrate the atmosphere of the place.

    ReplyDelete